Do I need to use a migration agent or lawyer to apply for a visa?

It’s important to make it clear that you can apply by yourself and go through the migration process without the professional representation of migration agents.
However, there are so many reasons why you should get help:
• The migration procedures might seem simple but they are very intricate and can be quite misleading.
• There are regular changes in the migration laws and different internal policies of the assessing and government bodies, so that only professionals in the field can keep up to date with these changes and be sure that all the right factors have been taken into account.
• We continuously get applications from individuals who have wasted a lot of time and money on  efforts to apply by themselves. Having used the wrong procedure or made other mistakes, they try to correct the damage that has already been done. We can still help at that stage but it’s much harder than to get it right the first time.
• Plain and simple: Best to get it right the first time!

How long does it take to process a visa application?

Visa processing times vary depending on the type of visa application. For skilled migration, the visa processing time is between

6  to 12 months, from the time we lodge a complete application.

For employer sponsored visa application, the processing time is between 2 to 4 weeks, from the time a completed application is lodged.

What are the Professions and/or Trades in demand in Australia?

• Accountant
• Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)
• Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
• Anaesthetist
• Architect
• Associate Professionals
• Automotive Electrician
• Baker
• Binder and Finisher
• Boat Builder and Repairer
• Bricklayer
• Cabinetmaker
• Carpenter
• Carpenter and Joiner
• Chef (excluding Commis Chef)
• Chemical Engineer
• Child Care Coordinator
• Civil Engineer
• Computing Professionals
• Cook
• Dental Specialist
• Dental Technician
• Dentist
• Dermatologist
• Drainer
• Electrical Engineer
• Electrical Powerline Tradesperson
• Electrician (Special Class)
• Electronic Equipment Tradesperson
• Electronics Engineer
• Emergency Medicine Specialist
• Engineering Manager
• External Auditor
• Fibrous Plasterer
• Fitter
• Floor Finisher
• Furniture Finisher
• Furniture Upholsterer
• Gasfitter
• General Electrician
• General Medical Practitioner
• General Plumber
• Hairdresser
• Hospital Pharmacist
• Joiner
• Landscape Gardener
• Lift Mechanic
• Locksmith
• Mechanical Engineer
• Mechanical Services and Air-conditioning Plumber
• Medical Diagnostic Radiographer
• Metal Fabricator (Boilermaker)
• Metal Machinist (First Class)
• Mining Engineer (excluding Petroleum)
• Motor Mechanic
• Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
• Occupational Therapist
• Ophthalmologist
• Optical Mechanic
• Optometrist
• Paediatrician
• Painter and Decorator
• Panel Beater
• Pastry Cook
• Pathologist
• Petroleum Engineer
• Physiotherapist
• Podiatrist
• Pressure Welder
• Psychiatrist
• Quantity Surveyor
• Radiologist
• Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Mechanic
• Registered Mental Health Nurse
• Registered Midwife
• Registered Nurse
• Retail Pharmacist
• Roof Plumber
• Roof Slater and Tiler
• Sheetmetal Worker (First Class)
• Solid Plasterer
• Sonographer
• Specialist Medical Practitioners (not elsewhere classified)
• Specialist Physician
• Speech Pathologist
• Stonemason
• Surgeon
• Surveyor
• Toolmaker
• Trades Persons
• Tree Surgeon
• Vehicle Body Maker
• Vehicle Painter
• Wall and Floor Tiler
• Welder (First Class)

Please don’t hesitate to check your eligibility even if your profession is not on the list.

We have listed the main professions but the list changes from time to time.

Your personal data will be examined on an individual basis and there might be other factors that will enable you to migrate.

If you are married or have a partner it is important to consider your partner's qualifications and personal details as well.

Your chances are examined as a couple.

What are the basic requirements for permanent skilled migration visa?

When applying for a personal skilled migration visa your qualifications,  skills, health, age, finances and ability to speak English and whether you have family or business contacts in Australia will be considered. For skilled migration, you must have at least one year recent work experience in an occupation that is listed in the skilled occupation list. You must be under 45 years of age to apply. In most cases, you will also need to pass the International English test or at least have vocational English.

How soon can I get in?

All depends under which type of visa you are applying for migration.  Each application is unique and a time estimate can only be determined once we have assessed your qualification and the best visa type for you.

What about qualifications?

For general skilled migration, you will need to have the equivalent of an Australian bachelors degree to receive a positive skills assessment.

Does age matter?

Yes, but a lot depends on personal circumstances and the type of visa you apply under.

What about my children?

If they are still under your roof and dependent on you, they will be included on your visa. Generally, married or independent children will not qualify as your dependents under your visa application.

What about health?

You and all dependents on your visa application will need to meet a health criteria assessment. A medical test and/or chest x-ray may be required depending on the type of visa you are applying for.

If I am approved, how long do I have before I must travel to Australia?

The initial entry date (stated on your visa) is the date by which you must travel to Australia on your visa. This date is calculated based on the validity of your health and character clearances. These clearances are usually only valid for 12 months. If you (and any members of your family included in your application) do not enter Australia by the initial entry date, you will breach a condition of your visa and consideration will be given to cancelling your visa.